Axiom Audio - July 20, 2012
- Parent Category: Company Tours Company Tours
About two hours by car north of Toronto is what's known as the Muskoka region, home to . . .
. . . countless trees, gorgeous lakes . . .
. . . boating, fishing, waterskiing, tubing, beer drinking, and incredible waterfront vacation homes, including that of Shania Twain (we're not kidding, that's hers across the lake). It's also home to . . .
. . . Axiom Audio, which was founded in 1980 by Ian Colquhoun, who runs the company to this day. Such a remote location seems an odd place to start an audio company, but back then Colquhoun was bent on proving that it was possible to build a world-class speaker-making facility in the same place that he was raised -- and wished to remain. He succeeded -- some 32 years since its inception, Axiom Audio has grown to become one of Canada's best-known speaker makers. In the last few years, the company's product line has grown beyond speakers. They now make amplifiers too, and they have a full line of accessories, including cables and stands. We visited Axiom on July 20, 2012, a time of crucial product launches for the company. They released their innovative LFR1100 loudspeaker last month, and they were in the process of releasing their 21-model ADA-series amplifier line during our visit.
Most-Read Articles on Global
- KEF's Killer Compact Monitor: The LS50
- CES 2015: Competition is Fierce
- Vitus Audio Masterpiece MP-L201 Preamplifier and Masterpiece MP-M201 Monoblock Amplifiers
- Super Speakers: Results
- More Magico, Less Money: The S5 Loudspeaker
- Awful Avalon
- The Perfect Power Amp -- Ayre Acoustics' New VX-5
- The Limited-Edition Tribute: Near-Perfect Paradigm
- Glorious Giyas: Vivid Audio's New G3
- Hegel: 10 to 11 for 0
- TWBAS 2012 Introduction from Las Vegas (Video)
- WideaLab Aurender S10 Music Server
- Building the Qs: Part Two
- Cyrus Audio: A Little Philosophy
- Wadia’s 321 Decoding Computer: An Affordable Exercise in Style and Substance