Magico - March 11, 2014
- Written by Doug Schneider Doug Schneider
- Parent Category: Company Tours Company Tours
- Created: 11 March 2014 11 March 2014
One of the things we're very aware of at the SoundStage! Network is quality control (we're also very critical when we see that it's lacking). Great quality-control measures are vital because they ensure that the consumer gets the product he or she paid for, and nothing less. I was personally pleased to see that Magico employs topflight quality-control procedures not just at one stage of production, but at several stages.
Prior to assembly, drive units are . . .
. . . mounted in appropriate enclosures and . . .
. . . measured and then verified against references before being forwarded on. Magico uses a Klippel-based system for all acoustic and electrical testing, which is important -- Klippel's testing systems are considered to be the best in the industry.
Immediately following assembly, all speakers are burned in for at least 24 hours to determine if defects crept in during any of the previous processes.
Acoustic measurements follow the burn-in period. Each speaker is measured and then verified against a reference.
The final stage of testing is a visual one -- an inspector examines every square inch of the cabinet to determine if there are any flaws in the finished product before it's packed up and shipped.
Publisher, The SoundStage! Network
Most-Read Articles on Global
- KEF's Killer Compact Monitor: The LS50
- CES 2015: Competition is Fierce
- Vitus Audio Masterpiece MP-L201 Preamplifier and Masterpiece MP-M201 Monoblock Amplifiers
- Super Speakers: Results
- More Magico, Less Money: The S5 Loudspeaker
- Awful Avalon
- The Perfect Power Amp -- Ayre Acoustics' New VX-5
- The Limited-Edition Tribute: Near-Perfect Paradigm
- Glorious Giyas: Vivid Audio's New G3
- Hegel: 10 to 11 for 0
- TWBAS 2012 Introduction from Las Vegas (Video)
- WideaLab Aurender S10 Music Server
- Building the Qs: Part Two
- Wadia’s 321 Decoding Computer: An Affordable Exercise in Style and Substance
- Cyrus Audio: A Little Philosophy