Octave Audio - May 12, 2014
- Written by Doug Schneider Doug Schneider
- Parent Category: Company Tours Company Tours
- Created: 12 May 2014 12 May 2014
Octave Audio's current product line includes five preamplifiers, four power amplifiers, four integrated amplifiers, one phono amplifier, and two power-amplifier add-on modules. All of the products are made in its factory in Karlsbad, Germany.
Octave Audio's main production area is bright and spacious. Various components are under construction at any one time.
Soldering the leads of a balanced output transformer.
Taking a completed transformer board . . .
. . . and installing it into a sub-chassis that will end up in an HP 700 preamplifier.
Assembling the chassis for an RE 290 stereo power amplifier.
Soldering the wiring for an RE 290.
Installing the RE 290's main circuit board.
Founder Andreas Hoffman holds an assembled MRE 220 mono amplifier faceplate.
Attaching the MRE 220 faceplate.
Assembling a V 70 SE integrated amplifier.
Capacitor banks to be installed in . . .
. . . the chassis for the Super Black Box. The Super Black Box and smaller Black Box can be added to any Octave Audio power or integrated amplifier. They each enlarge the power-supply capacitance, which increases load stability and dynamic output power and improves resolution.
Numerous partially assembled products awaiting completion.
Publisher, The SoundStage! Network
Most-Read Articles on Global
- CES 2015: Competition is Fierce
- KEF's Killer Compact Monitor: The LS50
- Vitus Audio Masterpiece MP-L201 Preamplifier and Masterpiece MP-M201 Monoblock Amplifiers
- Super Speakers: Results
- More Magico, Less Money: The S5 Loudspeaker
- Awful Avalon
- The Perfect Power Amp -- Ayre Acoustics' New VX-5
- The Limited-Edition Tribute: Near-Perfect Paradigm
- Glorious Giyas: Vivid Audio's New G3
- Cyrus Audio: A Little Philosophy
- Hegel: 10 to 11 for 0
- TWBAS 2012 Introduction from Las Vegas (Video)
- WideaLab Aurender S10 Music Server
- Building the Qs: Part Two
- Wadia’s 321 Decoding Computer: An Affordable Exercise in Style and Substance