RMAF 2012 - Denver, USA
- Written by Jeff Fritz Jeff Fritz
- Parent Category: RMAF 2012 RMAF 2012
- Created: 13 October 2012 13 October 2012
Esoteric is now the US distributor for the French loudspeaker brand Cabasse. Tim Crable, Esoteric's director of sales, said, "The synergy is magical between their point-source loudspeakers and our electronics." Esoteric is no longer in the loudspeaker-manufacturing business, so the pairing is natural because now Esoteric can display and, ultimately, distribute a complete high-end-audio system.
Esoteric distributes the entire Cabasse loudspeaker line in the US, and it comprises 60 models ranging in price from $500/pr. to $205,000/pr. Esoteric will have stock in the US to make delivery timely, we're told. The pairing was making great music in Denver, so to us the partnership seems to fit.
With the recent acquisition announcement of McIntosh by Italian firm Fine Sounds, we're starting to see a serious consolidation of the high end. Whether they combine distribution channels, engineering talent, or marketing resources, partnerships are the order of the day. Is this a good sign? Perhaps for some companies it is. The overall health of the high end might depend on some new business models. Look for more announcements coming soon . . .
Editor-in-Chief, The SoundStage! Network
Most-Read Articles on Global
- KEF's Killer Compact Monitor: The LS50
- CES 2015: Competition is Fierce
- Vitus Audio Masterpiece MP-L201 Preamplifier and Masterpiece MP-M201 Monoblock Amplifiers
- Super Speakers: Results
- More Magico, Less Money: The S5 Loudspeaker
- Awful Avalon
- The Perfect Power Amp -- Ayre Acoustics' New VX-5
- The Limited-Edition Tribute: Near-Perfect Paradigm
- Glorious Giyas: Vivid Audio's New G3
- Hegel: 10 to 11 for 0
- TWBAS 2012 Introduction from Las Vegas (Video)
- WideaLab Aurender S10 Music Server
- Building the Qs: Part Two
- Wadia’s 321 Decoding Computer: An Affordable Exercise in Style and Substance
- Cyrus Audio: A Little Philosophy