MartinLogan - April 16, 2012
- Parent Category: Company Tours Company Tours
Although MartinLogan's electrostatic panels are the parts that consumers identify with the most, every speaker product also has a cabinet made from wood. All the woofer enclosures for the company's Reserve line are built . . .
. . . using advanced CNC machinery. The cabinets are precisely cut from . . .
. . . MDF, which is then . . .
. . . folded and glued to make the necessary shape.
MartinLogan's sales volumes are significant enough that they make dozens of cabinets at a time.
The "non-hybrid" CLX speaker doesn't have a woofer cabinet, but it does have a meticulously cut hardwood frame that's also made in the facility.
Most-Read Articles on Global
- KEF's Killer Compact Monitor: The LS50
- Vitus Audio Masterpiece MP-L201 Preamplifier and Masterpiece MP-M201 Monoblock Amplifiers
- Super Speakers: Results
- More Magico, Less Money: The S5 Loudspeaker
- CES 2015: Competition is Fierce
- Awful Avalon
- The Perfect Power Amp -- Ayre Acoustics' New VX-5
- Glorious Giyas: Vivid Audio's New G3
- The Limited-Edition Tribute: Near-Perfect Paradigm
- Hegel: 10 to 11 for 0
- TWBAS 2012 Introduction from Las Vegas (Video)
- WideaLab Aurender S10 Music Server
- Wadia’s 321 Decoding Computer: An Affordable Exercise in Style and Substance
- Building the Qs: Part Two
- My Three Favorite DACs at CES 2012