Magico - March 11, 2014
- Written by Doug Schneider Doug Schneider
- Parent Category: Company Tours Company Tours
- Created: 11 March 2014 11 March 2014
With Magico's increased manufacturing capabilities, maintaining an adequate parts inventory is of paramount importance to meet consumer demand in a timely fashion. As a result, a large portion of the factory space is dedicated to inventory and inspection to ensure that defect-free parts are on hand when they're needed.
Alon Wolf points to the vast quantity of parts kept on hand for speaker assembly. Magico manufactures most of the parts in-house.
Magico's S-series cabinet extrusions are fabricated in the US and are . . .
. . . individually inspected in order to verify that they meet the company's tight tolerances before they are sent for finishing and then assembly.
Parts for the Q-series footers.
The dampers for the QPod isolators.
Magico's production process involves working in "rack batches." On this rack are the parts for four pairs of S1 loudspeakers in a variety of finishes.
The parts for two pairs of S3s are being taken to the assembly area.
Publisher, The SoundStage! Network
Most-Read Last 90 Days
- Magico M9 Loudspeakers: No Compromises Allowed
- Audeze's CRBN: An Actual Game-Changer in High-End Headphones?
- From Monitor Audio Studio to Gold 100 Loudspeakers: Part 4
- Heal Our Land—The Concert
- The Technics SU-R1000: Fully Digital Tour de Force Integrated Amplifier Plays Records
- Temple Audio: In a Class of its Own
- Unboxing the SVS SB16-Ultra Subwoofer