Magico - March 11, 2014
- Written by Doug Schneider Doug Schneider
- Parent Category: Company Tours Company Tours
- Created: 11 March 2014 11 March 2014
One of the things we're very aware of at the SoundStage! Network is quality control (we're also very critical when we see that it's lacking). Great quality-control measures are vital because they ensure that the consumer gets the product he or she paid for, and nothing less. I was personally pleased to see that Magico employs topflight quality-control procedures not just at one stage of production, but at several stages.
Prior to assembly, drive units are . . .
. . . mounted in appropriate enclosures and . . .
. . . measured and then verified against references before being forwarded on. Magico uses a Klippel-based system for all acoustic and electrical testing, which is important -- Klippel's testing systems are considered to be the best in the industry.
Immediately following assembly, all speakers are burned in for at least 24 hours to determine if defects crept in during any of the previous processes.
Acoustic measurements follow the burn-in period. Each speaker is measured and then verified against a reference.
The final stage of testing is a visual one -- an inspector examines every square inch of the cabinet to determine if there are any flaws in the finished product before it's packed up and shipped.
Publisher, The SoundStage! Network
Most-Read Last 90 Days
- The Needle and the Damage Done: Mobile Fidelity's DSD Scandal
- New Noise #5: Moving, in Stereo
- Return of a Legend: Upgrading with the Paradigm Monitor SE 8000F Loudspeakers
- MoFi . . . Just Another Record
- The DALI Kore Loudspeaker Experience: To Copenhagen and Beyond
- Denmark’s DALI Expands Its Global Hi-Fi Reach—Factory Tour and Observations
- Mobile Fidelity and Walking Through the Vinyl Jungle
- The Joys of DIY Audio
- The UK in SoCal for the Bowers & Wilkins 700 Series 3 Launch—Looking and Listening
- CanJam SoCal 2022: Earphones
- CanJam SoCal 2022: Headphones, Part 2
- CanJam SoCal 2022: Headphones, Part 1