High End 2023 - Munich, Germany
- Written by Doug Schneider Doug Schneider
- Parent Category: Shows-Events Shows-Events
- Created: 21 May 2023 21 May 2023
High End 2023 Trophy Time: Products of the Year and Outstanding Achievement Awards for 2022 (and 2020)
At the end of each year, the SoundStage! editors pick the best products based on the reviews that have appeared across our network of sites during the previous 12 months. This year, we created an award for Outstanding Achievement in the industry—and there were three people in 2022 who won.
Until ten years ago, we’d present honorees with their awards during the annual Consumer Electronics Show (CES), which is held in January. But as almost everyone in the hi-fi industry knows, CES has become a dead issue for hi-fi, leaving us no place to present our awards to the winners in person.
As a result, I began traveling to companies so I could present these awards personally. But starting last year, we brought a batch of awards to High End, because many of the award-winning brands exhibit here. So below are the pictures of award winners for 2022—and in one instance, for 2020, because we couldn’t present the award in person during the pandemic. These aren’t all the 2022 winners, because some of them weren’t present at High End 2023. For a complete list, check out “The 2022 SoundStage! Network Awards for Outstanding Achievement and Products of the Year,” which was published on SoundStage! Hi-Fi on December 15, 2022.
Siegfried Amft of T+A (Outstanding Achievement, 2022)
Ben Lilly of ATC for the SCM50 loudspeaker (Outstanding Performance, 2022)
Tetsuaki Aoyagi and Kazuo Hamaguchi of DS Audio for the DS 003 cartridge and optical phono preamplifier (Outstanding Performance, 2022)
Stuart McNeilis of SME for the Model 60 turntable and Series VA tonearm (Outstanding Performance, 2022)
Antonio Meze of Meze Audio for the 109 Pro headphones (Outstanding Performance, 2022)
Calvin Lee of KEF for the LS50 Meta (Hall of Fame, 2020) and the LS60 Wireless (Innovation in Design, 2022)
Nick Brown and Gary Yacoubian of SVS for the Prime Wireless Pro active speaker system (Exceptional Value, 2022)
The iFi Audio team for the Zen DAC Signature digital-to-analog converter (Exceptional Value, 2022)
Most-Read Last 90 Days
- Montreal Audiofest 2023 Product Coverage: Bryston, Simaudio, Totem Acoustic, Luxman
- Montreal Audiofest 2023: Nagra, Wilson Audio, and Siltech Shoot Sparks out of Jason Thorpe
- Montreal Audiofest 2023 Product Coverage: Fonica International, Diptyque, GoldenEar, Angela-Gilbert Yeung, Heaven 11
- Montreal Audiofest 2023: They Have a Robot!
- Montreal Audiofest 2023: Canadian-Sensation Stable 33.33
- Montreal Audiofest 2023: A Flurry of MartinLogans
- Audio Show East 2023
- Montreal Audiofest 2023: About PS Audio and Fence-Sharing
- Montreal Audiofest 2023: Keeping It Real
- High End 2023 Listening Session: Rockport Technologies and Absolare—Fly to the Moon in Luxury
- High End 2023 Product Coverage: Gryphon Audio Designs Diablo 333 Integrated Amplifier
- Thom’s Top Turntables Today
- Making Acquaintances with Kharma’s Elegance dB7-S Loudspeakers
- New Noise #8: Audio Oopsies
- High End 2023 Product Coverage: Sonus Faber Stradivari G2 Loudspeaker