Axiom Audio - July 20, 2012
- Parent Category: Company Tours Company Tours
About two hours by car north of Toronto is what's known as the Muskoka region, home to . . .
. . . countless trees, gorgeous lakes . . .
. . . boating, fishing, waterskiing, tubing, beer drinking, and incredible waterfront vacation homes, including that of Shania Twain (we're not kidding, that's hers across the lake). It's also home to . . .
. . . Axiom Audio, which was founded in 1980 by Ian Colquhoun, who runs the company to this day. Such a remote location seems an odd place to start an audio company, but back then Colquhoun was bent on proving that it was possible to build a world-class speaker-making facility in the same place that he was raised -- and wished to remain. He succeeded -- some 32 years since its inception, Axiom Audio has grown to become one of Canada's best-known speaker makers. In the last few years, the company's product line has grown beyond speakers. They now make amplifiers too, and they have a full line of accessories, including cables and stands. We visited Axiom on July 20, 2012, a time of crucial product launches for the company. They released their innovative LFR1100 loudspeaker last month, and they were in the process of releasing their 21-model ADA-series amplifier line during our visit.
Most-Read Last 90 Days
- Audeze's CRBN: An Actual Game-Changer in High-End Headphones?
- Exploring the Heart of the SVS SB16-Ultra Subwoofer: An Interview with Smith Freeman
- The Technics SU-R1000: Fully Digital Tour de Force Integrated Amplifier Plays Records
- Unboxing the SVS SB16-Ultra Subwoofer
- Temple Audio: In a Class of its Own
- CanJam SoCal 2021: Part 1
- CanJam SoCal 2021: Part 2
- Pairing the SVS SB16-Ultra Subwoofer with My Monitor Audio Speakers
- Evaluating the SVS SB16-Ultra Subwoofer