dCS - December 5, 2011
- Parent Category: Company Tours Company Tours
dCS is located in Cambridge, UK, which is about 80 kilometers (50 miles) from London. Cambridge has a population of about 110,000 and is home to the University of Cambridge, the UK's second-oldest university. In fact, according to Wikipedia, it's the second-oldest in the English-speaking world. Oxford is the oldest. The University of Cambridge's origins date back 800 years. Among the university's many claims to fame is the fact that its graduates have received 61 Nobel Prizes to date, more than any other university in the world. It's no surprise, then, that Cambridge is considered a tech hub in the UK.
Terry Hanby, a marketing consultant to dCS and currently a part-time professor at the University of Cambridge, not to mention an avid audiophile and music lover, took us on a quick tour of downtown Cambridge and to four of the 31 colleges that are part of the university. No tour of dCS would be truly complete without showing pictures of these interesting places featuring some extraordinary architecture. To us, it's part of the dCS experience.
Cambridge Quick Tour Part One
Cambridge Quick Tour Part Two
Most-Read Last 90 Days
- Magico M9 Loudspeakers: No Compromises Allowed
- Audeze's CRBN: An Actual Game-Changer in High-End Headphones?
- From Monitor Audio Studio to Gold 100 Loudspeakers: Part 4
- Heal Our Land—The Concert
- The Technics SU-R1000: Fully Digital Tour de Force Integrated Amplifier Plays Records
- Temple Audio: In a Class of its Own
- Unboxing the SVS SB16-Ultra Subwoofer