High End 2022 - Munich, Germany
- Written by Jonathan Gorse Jonathan Gorse
- Parent Category: Shows-Events Shows-Events
- Created: 21 May 2022 21 May 2022
Approximate system cost: €60,000.
Auralic’s flagship four-box streaming transport, upsampler, DAC, and master reference clock were paired with the legendary ATC SCM100 active monitors. Together, they delivered a supremely transparent and emotive sound. Listening to Vangelis’s glorious “I’ll Find My Way Home” only a day after his sad passing brought tears to the eyes with its intensity. This system demonstrated detail without harshness, superb bass control without bloat, and unfailing neutrality to the source recording. It’s understated in the same way that an Aston Martin is understated, but then somebody hits a bass drum pedal and pictures fall off the wall.
Senior Contributor, SoundStage!
Most-Read Last 90 Days
- The Needle and the Damage Done: Mobile Fidelity's DSD Scandal
- Return of a Legend: Upgrading with the Paradigm Monitor SE 8000F Loudspeakers
- MoFi . . . Just Another Record
- The DALI Kore Loudspeaker Experience: To Copenhagen and Beyond
- Denmark’s DALI Expands Its Global Hi-Fi Reach—Factory Tour and Observations
- Mobile Fidelity and Walking Through the Vinyl Jungle
- The Joys of DIY Audio
- The UK in SoCal for the Bowers & Wilkins 700 Series 3 Launch—Looking and Listening
- CanJam SoCal 2022: Headphones, Part 2
- CanJam SoCal 2022: Earphones
- CanJam SoCal 2022: Headphones, Part 1
- Michi On a Budget?: Celebrating 60 Years of Rotel With the Diamond Series RA-6000 Integrated Amplifier-DAC and DT-6000 DAC/CD Transport