MartinLogan - April 16, 2012
- Parent Category: Company Tours Company Tours
Although MartinLogan's electrostatic panels are the parts that consumers identify with the most, every speaker product also has a cabinet made from wood. All the woofer enclosures for the company's Reserve line are built . . .
. . . using advanced CNC machinery. The cabinets are precisely cut from . . .
. . . MDF, which is then . . .
. . . folded and glued to make the necessary shape.
MartinLogan's sales volumes are significant enough that they make dozens of cabinets at a time.
The "non-hybrid" CLX speaker doesn't have a woofer cabinet, but it does have a meticulously cut hardwood frame that's also made in the facility.
Most-Read Last 90 Days
- Audeze's CRBN: An Actual Game-Changer in High-End Headphones?
- Exploring the Heart of the SVS SB16-Ultra Subwoofer: An Interview with Smith Freeman
- The Technics SU-R1000: Fully Digital Tour de Force Integrated Amplifier Plays Records
- Unboxing the SVS SB16-Ultra Subwoofer
- Temple Audio: In a Class of its Own
- CanJam SoCal 2021: Part 1
- CanJam SoCal 2021: Part 2
- Pairing the SVS SB16-Ultra Subwoofer with My Monitor Audio Speakers
- Toronto Audiofest 2021—Keeping it Safe
- Evaluating the SVS SB16-Ultra Subwoofer