MartinLogan - April 16, 2012
- Parent Category: Company Tours Company Tours
Even though the individual components are tested during the assembly process, the entire speaker is tested at the end as a completed system.
A run of ElectroMotion ESLs awaits final testing. The ElectroMotion ESL is MartinLogan's lowest-priced electrostatic-panel-based hybrid design, yet it goes through the same testing procedures as the more expensive models. The ElectroMotion ESL sells for $2200 USD per pair.
Each speaker is placed on a platform and tested for various electrical and acoustical properties . . .
. . . including phase and polarity.
Every speaker must receive a passing grade for all tests before it moves on to cleanup and packaging.
Most-Read Last 90 Days
- Audeze's CRBN: An Actual Game-Changer in High-End Headphones?
- Exploring the Heart of the SVS SB16-Ultra Subwoofer: An Interview with Smith Freeman
- The Technics SU-R1000: Fully Digital Tour de Force Integrated Amplifier Plays Records
- Unboxing the SVS SB16-Ultra Subwoofer
- Temple Audio: In a Class of its Own
- CanJam SoCal 2021: Part 1
- CanJam SoCal 2021: Part 2
- Pairing the SVS SB16-Ultra Subwoofer with My Monitor Audio Speakers
- Toronto Audiofest 2021—Keeping it Safe
- Evaluating the SVS SB16-Ultra Subwoofer