CEDIA Expo 2013 - Denver, USA
- Written by News Editor News Editor
- Parent Category: CEDIA Expo 2013 CEDIA Expo 2013
- Created: 26 September 2013 26 September 2013
Cambridge Audio's new Aero-series speakers are affordable and interesting. The core speakers in the line are the Aero 2 bookshelf model and the Aero 6 floorstander, which sell in the United States for $549 and $1099 per pair, respectively. Fleshing out the Aero line are the 5 center-channel ($449), 3 surround ($549 per pair), and 9 subwoofer ($899).
The 2 and the 5 are both two-way designs that use a 2.25" Balanced Mode Radiator (BMR), which has very high bandwidth: 250Hz to 22kHz. The wide bandwidth allows for a very low crossover point to the single 6.5" woofer in the 2 and the dual 6.5" woofers in the 6, which is the subject of the gallery below. In fact, the folks at Cambridge Audio don't call the woofers "woofers"; they call them "subwoofers," presumably because they handle only low bass. All models are available in Black or Dark Walnut vinyl-veneer finishes that look so authentic, you'd swear they're real wood.
We've got to get some of these in for review!
Most-Read Articles on Global
- CES 2015: Competition is Fierce
- KEF's Killer Compact Monitor: The LS50
- Vitus Audio Masterpiece MP-L201 Preamplifier and Masterpiece MP-M201 Monoblock Amplifiers
- Super Speakers: Results
- More Magico, Less Money: The S5 Loudspeaker
- Awful Avalon
- The Perfect Power Amp -- Ayre Acoustics' New VX-5
- The Limited-Edition Tribute: Near-Perfect Paradigm
- Glorious Giyas: Vivid Audio's New G3
- Cyrus Audio: A Little Philosophy
- WideaLab Aurender S10 Music Server
- Hegel: 10 to 11 for 0
- TWBAS 2012 Introduction from Las Vegas (Video)
- Wadia’s 321 Decoding Computer: An Affordable Exercise in Style and Substance
- Building the Qs: Part Two