CEDIA Expo 2013 - Denver, USA
- Written by News Editor News Editor
- Parent Category: CEDIA Expo 2013 CEDIA Expo 2013
- Created: 27 September 2013 27 September 2013
A few years ago when Anthem first introduced their MRX receiver, which included the 300, 500, and 700 models, they had a clear vision of what they needed to be about: affordably priced with sufficient features and, most importantly, the superb sound quality that the company has been long known for. That approach worked not only with consumers but also with critics, who were able to comfortably recommend the line based on those merits, as well as buy the products for themselves -- the SoundStage! Network's Wes Marshall, Jason Thorpe, and Vince Hanada all own Anthem receivers.
With that initial success now behind them, Anthem has replaced the 300, 500, and 700 with the 310, 510, and 710, which are priced at $1199, $1599, and $1999, respectively. In a nutshell, the key benefits of this line over the previous one include a new proprietary amplifier featuring Advanced Load Monitoring circuitry, an improved version of Anthem Room Correction (ARC), faster operation, more HDMI inputs, dual HDMI outputs, 4K upscaling and pass-through, software updatable via USB, apps for Apple products (Android coming), easier-to-read onscreen display, crossover adjustments in 10Hz increments, and sleeker designs, as well as a few other things.
The model we decided to feature in the gallery below is the 710, because it's the most powerful and it best illustrates all of the features available. The 710 and 510 will be available in November of this year, while the 310 will be available in January 2014.
Most-Read Last 90 Days
- Magico M9 Loudspeakers: No Compromises Allowed
- Audeze's CRBN: An Actual Game-Changer in High-End Headphones?
- Exploring the Heart of the SVS SB16-Ultra Subwoofer: An Interview with Smith Freeman
- The Technics SU-R1000: Fully Digital Tour de Force Integrated Amplifier Plays Records
- Unboxing the SVS SB16-Ultra Subwoofer
- Temple Audio: In a Class of its Own
- CanJam SoCal 2021: Part 1
- CanJam SoCal 2021: Part 2
- Pairing the SVS SB16-Ultra Subwoofer with My Monitor Audio Speakers